Whether you are a pro-level photographer or a beginner, looking for a full-frame beast DSLR or want to buy a cheap DSLR, everything you will find here.
There are other options for DSLR camera on the market too like mirrorless camera. Now a days people also buying mirrorless camera instead or a DSLR.
“The main difference between these two is the mirror which is replaced by optical viewfinder with an electronic equivalent called an EVF. This brings great benefits to the mirrorless camera like reduced weight and size”.
But, Most people love DSLR camera for its feel, look and mechanics. To help you find the best DSLR camera, we’ve carefully tested every camera model, from basic to premium powerhouses DSLRs. And we’ve selected top 7 list of the best DSLR cameras for every type of photographer.
- 1 Here Is The Best DSLR Camera Buying Guide
- 2 7 Best DSLR Camera 2020 Reviews
- 2.1 1. Canon EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR Body BG-E20 Battery Grip
- 2.2 2. Nikon D750 FX-format Digital SLR Camera
- 2.3 3. Canon EOS 6D Mark II Digital SLR Camera
- 2.4 4. Nikon D850 FX-Format Digital SLR Camera Body
- 2.5 5. Canon EOS Rebel T7 DSLR Camera
- 2.6 6. Nikon D3500 DSLR Camera
- 2.7 7. Canon EOS 4000D / Rebel T100 DSLR Camera
- 3 Final Verdict Of DSLR Camera
Here Is The Best DSLR Camera Buying Guide
With so many varieties in the market, buying the most suitable DSLR camera can sometimes be difficult than many would think.
Therefore, if you find yourself stuck on how to acquire one, it’s time to relax and read on. The following DSLR camera buying guide will help you to choose the right DSLR camera for you.
1. Identify the type of lens
Camera lenses are one of the essential features to consider when buying a DSLR camera. The quality of the lens you camera has directly affects the quality of images captured. In other words, the act as a deciding factor between a professionally rendered image and an average snapshot. Therefore, you need to take into consideration the lenses and their compatibility with your DSLR camera.
2. Brand of the camera
The brand doesn’t have much to do with the quality of your images. However, it commands some aspects of photography. Some of the most common brands include canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, and Fujifilm, among others. Once you have purchased a particular brand, you will also need other spare accessories for convenient usage. For instance, you will need additional battery, memory, and lenses to make your shooting run as planned. Therefore, you need to consider buying a camera brand with readily available spare accessories.
3. What about megapixels
Megapixels are a measure of the resolution of the camera. Megapixels are one of the most crucial features for professional photography, especially landscape photography. Megapixels help obtain large printouts with a high-quality look. Therefore, if you are concerned more about larger image printing, you will require a camera with higher megapixels.
Another thing to consider when buying a camera is it feels in your hands. Remember, you will be holding the camera in your hands most of the time; therefore, you need to get a good feel of the camera before buying it. Some of the agronomical factors to consider include size and weight.
5. The durability of the camera
Cameras do have varied ruggedness. While some come with sturdy magnesium alloy as internal frames, some are equipped with weather sealing materials to help them cope up with harsh environments. These features make some cameras last longer than others. Therefore, if you aspire to have a more durable DSLR camera, always go for those with strong and sturdy coatings.
6. Menu System
Before buying a DSLR camera, always ensure the system is user friendly. Figure out how to navigate the menu system and if it’s convenient for you. Cameras do come with the different menu system. Nevertheless, a camera’s menu should be so complicated to prevent you from using.
7. Image stabilization
The image stabilization feature enables your camera to capture quality photos with little or no vibration and shakiness. Some cameras do have an internal stabilization mechanism, while others lack this feature. Depending on your nature of photography, always settle for the camera type that best suits your preference.
8. Voice recording
The majority of DSLR cameras are designed with video recording feature. Generally, most cameras do have a standard high definition of 1080p. This HD feature is usually capable of recording alongside DSLR as well as mirror cameras. However, there are some cameras with an exceptional video quality of 4K.
9. Wi-Fi and another form of connectivity
With improved digital technology in the camera sector, modern DSLR cameras are becoming fitted with connective features such as Wi-Fi and the internet. This makes it easy to upload and share photos on your mobile phone, computer, or social platforms. Near field, connectivity is another feature worth recognizing. Through this feature, you can share pictures from your DSLR camera to the wireless device much easier.
10. Global Positioning System
Photography can sometimes be very tiring to the point that you fail to recognize when and where the photographs were taken. Well, if you can’t remember where each shot was taken, you need to worry no more. Some modern DSLR cameras come with a global positioning system (GPS) to help you keep track of where your images are captured.
7 Best DSLR Camera 2020 Reviews
Canon’s 5D Mark IV Camera is a top performer that offers incredible image quality, versatility and performance. But, you will have to pay a premium for it. This best DSLR camera has remarkable high-resolution abilities which are ideal for a wide range of applications. It features a new high speed full-frame CMOS sensor, with 30.4 megapixels.
Measuring around 36.0mm x 24.0mm, it can record 30.4 effective Megapixels at normal ISOs of up to 32000. The EOS 5D Mark IV Camera will offer you 4k resolution video, thanks to its CMOS sensor and its DIGIC 6+ Image Processor. This DSLR camera is a remarkably capable camera for 4k videos. You will also get low-reflection 3.2-inch touch panel LCD monitor for bright and sharp display.
Canon EOS 5D: Key Features
- 30.4MP full-frame CMOS sensor
- 7fps shooting
- Dual Pixel RAW
- Wi-Fi/NFC built in
- 4K video recording
- Dual Digic 6/6+ processors
- 100% optical viewfinder
- 61-point AF system
- Touch-sensitive screen
The D750 is Nikon’s full-frame DSLR camera. This camera is very versatile, fast and responsive. It can shoot 6.5 fps at full resolution and in multiple formats. You can also take videos with enhanced definition. You will get rich tonality and stunning sharpness in this camera with smooth time-lapse sequences up to 9,999 shots.
What you will love in this camera is the latest generation AF system, 6.5 fps shooting, tilting 3.2″ LCD, advanced video functions. The Nikon D750 FX-format Digital SLR Camera offers continuous and faster shooting than the D810 (6.5fps). The D750 has also a ‘improved’ version of the D810’s 51-point AF system, a 91,000-pixel RGB metering sensor, and a new tilt-able 3.2″ RGBW LCD screen.
Nikon D750: Key Features
- 24MP Full-frame CMOS sensor (with AA filter)
- 6.5 fps continuous shooting
- Flip up/down 3.2″ 1,229k-dot RGBW LCD screen
- Improved 51-point Multi-CAM 3500FX II AF system (sensitive to -3EV)
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Highlight-weighted metering
- 91,000-pixel RGB metering sensor
- 1080/60p video recording
- Group Area AF mode
- Powered aperture for control during live view/video
- Simultaneous internal recording and HDMI output
The EOS 6D Mark II is a breakthrough over the original 6D, but its speed and operating performance are superior to the quality of its image. It is certainly the best Canon DSLR camera for full-frame photography enthusiasts. It is a great camera to use, but its price places it in front of several powerful cameras. It is a very versatile, which would make it a great “first” full-frame DSLR camera.
The original Canon EOS 6D, presented since early 2012, was an affordable entry point for full-frame photography. People were eagerly waiting for its new version. Its new version, the long-awaited EOS 6D Mark II, is an improvement over its predecessor, from the sensor to the ISO range to continuous shooting mode and improved autofocus system.
Canon EOS 6D: Key Features
- New 26MP CMOS full-frame sensor with Dual Pixel AF
- 45-point all-cross-type AF system
- 1080/60p video capture with in-lens + digital stabilization
- Dual Pixel AF for both stills and video capture
- 6.5 fps continuous shooting (4.5 fps in Live View)
- ISO 100-40,000 (expandable to 102,400)
- 3″ fully articulating touchscreen
- Built-in GPS
- Wi-Fi w/NFC and Bluetooth
The Nikon D850 camera is Nikon’s latest full-frame and high resolution DSLR camera. This best DSLR camera is quite possibly the most impressive and well-rounded DSLR yet boasting a 46MP backside-illuminated CMOS sensor. But, in a fairly radical departure for the series, it is also one of the company’s fastest-shooting DSLRs. This combination of properties should greatly improve the attractiveness of the camera to high-end enthusiasts as well as a wide range of professional photographers.
Like the previous D810, the D850 continues to offer an ISO 64 mode, which allows it to tolerate more light in bright conditions. The D850 promises the same dynamic range advantage as the D810, which means it should be able to compete with the medium-sized sensors used in the Fujifilm GFX 50S and Pentax 645Z models. Nikon D850 DSLR camera comes with attractive features like autofocus, sensor design, dynamic range, Speedlight control, sensitivity, shutter, long battery life, and mirror drive mechanisms. This DSLR is also capable of focus shift capability, silent photography in Live-View mode and more.
Nikon D850: Key Features:
- 45.7MP BSI CMOS sensor
- 153-point AF system linked to 180,000-pixel metering system
- 7 fps continuous shooting with AE/AF
- UHD 4K video capture at up to 30p from full sensor width
- It recorded as roughly 1/4 or 1/5th speed slow-mo
- 1080 video at up to 120p
- Illuminated controls
- 1 XQD slot and 1 UHS II-compliant SD slot
- 3.2″ tilting touchscreen with 2.36M-dot (1024×768 pixel) LCD
- Battery life rated at 1840 shots
- SnapBridge full-time Bluetooth LE connection system with Wi-Fi
- 19.4MP DX crop (or 8.6MP at 30fps for up to 3 sec)
- Advanced time-lapse options (including in-camera 4K video creation)
If you are looking for better image quality and control, then take a look at this Canon EOS Rebel T7 DSLR camera. This is a good starter kit as it offers enough for the person to experiment and learn about photography. Although it is very similar to the T6, the new model includes a superior 24 megapixel sensor and performance improvements that set it apart. It offers an affordable price under $ 500, including the Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS II lens.
This best DSLR camera of 2020 preforms fantastically and provides good image quality and ease of use. At the same time, the features of the Canon EOS Rebel T7 are extensive enough for those who wish to develop their photographic skills. Like the T6, the new T7 is one of the smallest DSLRs on the market. It weighs 1.75 pounds (with battery and SD card) and measures 5.1 x 3.9 x 3.1 inches. For a firm and comfortable grip, the grip of this DSLR camera is wrapped in textured rubber. The body of the T7 is mainly plastic, but the modest build quality is not surprising. It’s a good DSLR camera for beginners and it will get the job done for you.
Canon EOS Rebel T7: Key features
- 24.1 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) Sensor with ISO 100-6400 (H: 12800)
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC Technology
- DIGIC 4+ Image Processor
- Optical Viewfinder with Approx. 95% Viewing Coverage.
- 9-point AF System and AI Servo AF.
- Scene Intelligent Auto Mode.
- 3.0-inch LCD with 920,000 Dots.
- Full HD 30p.
- Auto White Balance with “White Priority.”
- Continuous Shooting at up to 3.0 fps.
- Creative Filters including Fisheye and Miniature.
- Creative Options including Basic+ and Creative Auto.
- Compatible with All Canon EF and EF-S Lenses.
Like its predecessor, the Nikon D3500 DSLR camera is an extremely attractive camera for novice photographers. It features a compact design, fast single-shot AF, comfortable ergonomics, and, above all, the image quality of the camera is fantastic.
The fact is that you can get this type of image quality with a camera for less than $ 500, with an included lens, is shocking. It’s a sturdy, lightweight, easy-to-use device for beginners that offer excellent picture quality. The Nikon D3400 has been an entry-level digital SLR camera since September 2016, with great success. And Nikon has decided to reproduce with the new D3500 DSLR camera, making it even more compact and improving its usability.
Nikon D3500 DSLR Camera: Key Features
- Most portable entry-level DSLR ever
- “Updated” 24.2-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- Full HD video recording at up to 60 frames per second
- 12.9-ounce (365-gram) camera body weight
- 11-point autofocus
- Native ISO range of 100-25,600
- Live View shooting with face-detect and subject-tracking autofocus
- 5 frames per second continuous shooting
- Built-in Bluetooth and Nikon SnapBridge compatibility
- Guide Mode helps new photographers learn the ropes
- 1,550-shot battery life
Everyone loves good deals and it is clear that the EOS 4000D offers excellent value for money. Over time, the price of the 4000D is at the lowest level ever for a Canon DSLR, but there is a disadvantage. To achieve these prices, Canon used relatively old technology, inaccurate autofocus and low-cost lens kits.
Does the reduced price of the EOS 4000D make it the best cheap DSLR camera you can buy? Not necessarily. The EOS 4000D offers an APS-C sensor, Full HD video recording, a 9-point autofocus system, 3fps continuous shooting, an ISO range of 100-6400 and a fixed (non-articulating) rear screen. The specs are basic, but adequate for beginners in DSLR photography.
Canon EOS 4000D DSLR camera: Key Features
- 18MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- ISO 100-6400 (exp. to 12800)
- DIGIC4+ processor
- Full HD (1080p) video recording, up to 30fps
- 3fps burst mode
- Video Snapshot mode
- 9-point AF system
- 2.7in LCD, 230k dots
- Pentamirror optical viewfinder, approx. 95% coverage
- 500-shot (approx.) battery life
- Wi-Fi (no NFC)
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card slot
Final Verdict Of DSLR Camera
These cameras are gaining popularity due to their ability to capture brilliant, breathtaking, and high-quality images and videos.
What’s more, these best DSLR cameras of 2020 are designed to meet the intended goals while still retaining the overall benefits that are suitable for the user.
You can choose the right one from above recommended DSLR camera , according to your budget and goal.